Ways to listen:
In episode 22 Miró and Kath discuss Fashion Week, rant about Yeezy (yes, again), give you some updates on what grandma TV you should be watching, and discuss this topic: “what are we doing with our lives?” (Please don’t answer that).
Bonus points to the person who can figure out the two reasons the outro music was chosen!
This episode our BAWOTE (Badass Woman of the Episode) is Emma Rowena Gatewood (aka Grandma Gatewood) who, at 67, was the first woman to complete a solo hike through the Appalachian Trail. Enough said, go learn more in this episode!
As always, we want to hear from YOU! Tweet to us at #MttMPod and tell us your thoughts about the episode, a badass woman we should know about, or about anything, really.
Enjoy listening to MttM? You can help others discover our pod by writing a review on iTunes. Thank you, thank you for listening! Lots of Love!
Links from the episode:
- What Diddy Didn’t Know (aka that time Miró went to Paris Fashion Week without sneaking in)
- Kanye West’s ‘Multiracial’ Casting Call Was a 6-Hour Nightmare by Sable Young (NY Mag)
- The Scene at Kanye’s Show by Guy Trebay (NYT)
- ‘Multiracial’ Is Code for ‘Not Too Black,’ and Don’t Let Kanye Fool You by Ashley Weatherford (NY Mag)
- BAWOTE: Grandma Gatewood
- Cranford (available on Amazon Prime)
- Kathryn’s Shakespeare Project
- North & South
Intro Song: Strange Overtones by David Byrne & Brian Eno
Outro Song: Somewhere from West Side Story, composed by Leonard Bernstein with lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Main image credit: appalachiantrials.com